All Newcastle taxis accept a variety of payment methods, including:
● Cabcharge, and
● Major credit and debit cards
To ensure accurate detailed receipts and for the security of your data, we recommend that all Cabcharge, credit and debit card payments are made using the Cabcharge electronic Fareway™ mobile EFTPOS terminal in the taxi.
Note: Card payments attract a 5% service fee on the total taxi fare. GST is inclusive for all cards except Cabcharge products which are not subject to GST. Acceptance is subject to conditions.
For information on how to apply for Cabcharge click here
Current faresincluding Goods and Services Tax (GST) effective from 01 July 2014
- Hiring Charge:
- Distance Rate:
- Network Booking fee:
- Waiting or travelling under 26km/h:
- Toll and ferry Charges:
- $6.10 10pm-6am Fridays, Saturdays and nights before public holidays
- Rate 1: $2.19 per kilometre Day 6am-10pm daily
- Rate 2: $2.63 per kilometre Night 10pm-6am daily
- $2.50 surcharge in addition to the fare.
- 94.4c per minute ($56.68c per hour)
- The hirer must pay all road, bridge, ferry, tunnel and airport tolls and charges
that apply to the journey, which will be added to the fare.
For Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Harbour Tunnel journeys only, the return toll will be added. Any electronic toll administration fee is not payable by the hirer.
50% will be automatically added to the charges above (Day Rate
3 or Night Rate 4) if:
75% of the maximum fare per passenger, for a multiple hiring: